- Saturday, December 9th 2017
All Levels Welcome
POWER MONKEY SPECIALTY CLINIC:
Saturday December 9th: Gymnastics Methods (9am-5pm)
**1hr lunch break each day**
Roswell, GA 30075
1 FREE Block of Monkey-Method™ Gymnastics Programming (5 weeks)
COACHES AT A GLANCE:
Kevin Montoya is a strength and conditioning coach for CrossFit Back Country. He has been doing CrossFit for over 8 years and is a 2 time CrossFit Games team competitor. He attended MSCD in Denver Colorado majoring in Human Performance and Sport. He received his formal gymnastics training after high school and was pursuing an occupation as a stunt performer, with the hopes of working for Disney or Orlando Studios.
- CrossFit Gymnastics Staff
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Coaches Prep Course
- CrossFit Nutrition Course
- CrossFit Adv. Gymnastics Course
- CrossFit Weightlifting
- USA Weightlifting – Sports Performance Coach
- International Sports & Science Association – Certified Fitness Trainer
- 2nd Place – Reebok CrossFit Games 2013 Affiliate Cup
- 2nd Place – CrossFit Games Northeast Regionals 2013 Affiliate Team
Gymnastics Methods Include:
- Movement Philosophy. Understanding principles behind being healthy vs. competing.
- Shoulder Health Warm Up & Basic Individual Mobility
- Assessment Into Stretches/Corrective Exercises.
- Bar Work (breakdown + drills for various movements)
- Ring Work - Complete breakdown of muscle up mechanics and discussion of common mistakes
- Handstand Work (drills, structure recognition, HSPU positioning for different variations, supplemental exercises)
Power Monkey Fitness is focused on giving clients the best possible coaching experience, which is the reasoning behind the specialty clinics. Drills and techniques utilized in their Monkey Method and the Team Power Monkey Camps will be introduced to you and put into practice to maximize your skilled movements and efficiency. Athletes of all levels will benefit from this opportunity to be coached by Kevin Montoya.