POWER MONKEY SPECIALTY CLINICS:
Saturday 17 February 2018
Sunday 18 February 2018
R. Guararapes, 1716 -
Brooklin Paulista, São Paulo -
SP, 04561-004, Brazil
Dave Durante, Kevin Montoya & Mike Cerbus
Gymnastics & Weightlifting Sessions:
**FULL WEEKEND PACKAGE $400**
Saturday February 17
-Handstand Specialty Clinic $150 (25 spots)
-Snatch Specialty Clinic $150 (25 spots)
Sunday February 18
-Muscle Up Specialty Clinic $150 (25 spots)
-Clean & Jerk Specialty Clinic $150 (25 spots)
1 FREE Block of Monkey-Method™ Gymnastics Programming (5 weeks)
INSTRUCTORS AT A GLANCE:
DAVE DURANTE is a multiple time USA gymnastics national champion and was part of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Team as alternate. After retiring from competition, David helped coach his alma mater, Stanford University, to an NCAA Team Title in 2009 and has continued to be a part of the sport through his position on the Athlete Advisory Committee with the United States Olympic Committee as well as his position on the USA Gymnastics Men's Technical Committee.
Dave leads Team Power Monkey which is comprised of elite athletes and coaches who help design new equipment, provide gymnastics education to the fitness world, and coach at Power Monkey's bi-annual training Camp. Dave was a lead coach with the CrossFit Gymnastics L1 course from 2013-2015. He also wrote and developed the CrossFit Gymanstics Advanced Course. He lives in NYC with his wife Sadie and coaches at CrossFit Solace.
KEVIN MONTOYA is a strength and conditioning coach for CrossFit Back Country. He has been doing CrossFit for over 8 years and is a 2 time CrossFit Games team competitor. He attended MSCD in Denver Colorado majoring in Human Performance and Sport. He received his formal gymnastics training after high school and was pursuing an occupation as a stunt performer, with the hopes of working for Disney or Orlando Studios.
- CrossFit Gymnastics Staff
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Coaches Prep Course
- CrossFit Nutrition Course
- CrossFit Adv. Gymnastics Course
- CrossFit Weightlifting
- USA Weightlifting – Sports Performance Coach
- International Sports & Science Association – Certified Fitness Trainer
- 2nd Place – Reebok CrossFit Games 2013 Affiliate Cup
- 2nd Place – CrossFit Games Northeast Regionals 2013 Affiliate Team
MIKE CERBUS competed in the sport of Weightlifting at an elite national level from 2005-2014 . He medalled at 3 National Championships and 5 American Open Championships, taking out the title in 2011 as American Open Champion, while also being selected to the United States Pan American & Olympic Qualification Teams in 2012.
His competitive accomplishments and growth as a coach have been made possible by developing under Senior International Coach Lou DeMarco and as a training specialist from 2011-2013 at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs under Zygmunt Smalcerz.
Since 2009 Mike has been instructing athletes of all levels across the United States and world. This immersion into the fitness world has allowed him to adapt weightlifting principles and instruction in order to best meet the needs of those most beginner levels up to elite competitors looking to refine their movements.
**His best lifts include a 140kg (308lb) Snatch, a 170kg (374lb) Clean, a 175kg (385lb) Jerk, a 530lb squat, and 525lb deadlift at a bodyweight under 170lbs.**
- Mike and Kevin are focused on giving clients the best possible coaching experience, which is the reasoning behind the specialty clinics. Drills and technique utilized in their own training, their CrossFit athletes’ training, and the Team Power Monkey Camps will be introduced to you and put into practice to maximize your movements and efficiency for WODs. Clients of all levels of experience will benefit from this opportunity to be coached by professionals with such deep knowledge of the sports of weightlifting and gymnastics and transfer into CrossFit.