Date/Times: Sunday Aug 28th
Clinic OverviewHANDSTAND: AREAS COVERED
- Gymnastics Warm Up
- General warm up
- Wrist exercises
- Shoulder exercises
- Stretching techniques
- Discussion of Types Handstand Exercises
- Proper Handstand Set Up, Positioning, and Mechanics
- Working with Partners and Spotting Techniques
- Handstand Push Up Breakdown with Scaling Option Discussion
- Handstand Walking Breakdown and Mechanics
- Advanced Handstand Demo and Drills
- Jerk Specific Warm Up
- General warm up
- Hips/Ankles exercises
- Quads/Knees exercises
- Stretching & Warming techniques
- Discussion of Types of Jerks and Accessory Components
- Proper Jerk Set Up, Positioning, and Mechanics
- Working with weaknesses and Training with Reason
- OHS and Squat Jerk Breakdown
- Press and Push Press Breakdown and Mechanics
- Push, Power, and Split Jerk Breakdown and Mechanics
1 FREE Block of Monkey-Method™ Gymnastics Programming (5 weeks)**send email to firstname.lastname@example.org after attending clinic for instructions on how to redeem free block of Monkey Method
INSTRUCTORS AT A GLANCE:
MIKE CERBUS has competed in the sport of Weightlifting nationally for the last 10 years. He has medalled at 3 National Championships and 5 American Open Championships, taking out the title in 2011 as American Open Champion, while also being selected to the United States Pan American & Olympic Qualification Teams in 2012.
His competitive accomplishments and growth as a coach have been made possible by developing under Senior International Coach Lou DeMarco and as a training specialist from 2011-2013 at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs under Zygmunt Smalcerz.
Since 2009 Mike has been instructing athletes of all levels across the United States and world. This immersion into the fitness world has allowed him to adapt weightlifting principles and instruction in order to best meet the needs of those most beginner levels up to elite competitors looking to refine their movements.
COLIN GERAGHTY is a partner of the gymnastics driven company Power Monkey Fitness. As a former gymnast and strength and conditioning specialist, Colin began working with Jason Leydon at CrossFit Milford in 2008.
Beyond his years of coaching and programming athletes for all levels, Colin approaches the needs of each athlete with an open mind, creating exercises and progressions based on the goal, and current level of the individual. Colin is a movement ninja...he must be seen to be believed!